Thursday, February 19, 2009

The blog that bashed the starving artist.

My life has had its up and downs recently. I forgot to write about it, so let me catch you up.
I was "dating" (if you could even call it that) this guy. He seemed cool enough to keep me interested, but he was very pushy. Not in an abusive way, but in an i wanna take this to the next level in the matter of a week pushy. So, I let him know, that I don't know what I want us to be, but there was certainly no rush for any level ups. (I thought that was pretty clever) Anyone was probably wondering why I wouldn't give this guy a chance, right? I mean, hes cute, plays guitar in a band, hes tall, and hes artistic. sigh. Except, in reality, that's all he was. He was only cute, and believe me when I judge someone on a scale of 1 -10 it is not solely off of looks alone. I like a personality in a guy, that's a deal breaker for me. He does however play guitar and I love a good guitar player, but that wasn't going to keep me interested for too long. He was taller than me, which isn't unusual, but it didn't hold any real significance either way. however, he does play the role of a starving artist, something Ive always wanted to be.(without the whole starving thing, transparent skin and ribs you can count from 5 feet away is not attractive.)
BUT, just because I wanted to be a starving artist, it didn't mean I wanted to date one. He never worked, and when he did he didn't work very much. He still lives at home, which is OK by me, but he was very messy. Clothes everywhere, food left on plates that were more than a week old. His family was really sweet, but also kind of weird. They were like the Beverly Hills Hillbillies. Thinking that just gave me chills...yuck. He did have a car, a nice one at that. So I should give him some credit. However, he always wore sweats, he never put real clothes on, and i think he rarely washed his hair. Looking back on this now, I know exactly why I didn't want to level up. I didn't even want to play the damn game anymore.
Another big turn off, since now this has officially became the blog that bashed the starving artist...He always wanted to kiss me. I love a good kiss now and then, and I'm completely OK with PDA. Except, he wanted my lips to be connected to his lips forever it seemed. Oh ya, i totally forgot to mention...he was also in acting, modeling, whatever. So whenever he kissed me I felt like it was a kiss out of a movie and we were no where near nominated for "best kiss". He would move his head in little motions as if he was trying to break my face open. Most of the time, i would peck him, and then walk away. I wanted no part in that. I never told him those things, the only hint I ever gave him was whenever he ask, "Can I have a kiss?". I would say, "No." Then turn and walk away.

Oh, how I surely pick the winners. But to get to the even better part. V-day was just here, and he was my valentine. HE WAS A HORRIBLE VALENTINE. I bought him a card because I thought that I should do that, since he told me he was giving me one. I showed up to his house for him to tell me, "Sorry, but we're just going to kick it here, if that's OK with you." Of course at this part I was thinking. what the fuck, its valentines day. i wanted to go out and do something fun. All that came out of my mouth was, "Sure." Then i get into the house I give him his card and he says, "That's sweet, except I ran out of money, so I didn't get you yours." WOW, what a complete douche bag, what did you spend it on??? My reply was, "its OK, its just a card anyway." Now, come to find out 2 days ago, he started talking to his ex girlfriend again. Apparently shes "the girl she used to be" instead of the horrible excuse of a girl he always made her up to be. Honestly, I thank the girl. She did me a favor. 1. I didn't want to have to break his poor little artistic soul, since I was clearly heading in that direction. I also don't like to break things i never really wanted in the first place. I'm not in the business of breaking hearts, unless of course its my own. 2. Shes now occupying his time, so that I don't have to. Which makes this even easier for me. Thank goodness. The first time I'm officially off the hook without damaging anything or one in the process.

Maybe next time Ill talk about "Mr. Personality."
He just so happens to be my favorite. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment